Salary Rate: $45,900 - $56,700
Reports to: Broadband Superintendent
Job Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating residential and commercial needs within the Broadband department. Key responsibilities include Sales, Customer Service, and Administration.
- Communicate fee and service information and provide quotes for Broadband Services.
- Contact customers and potential customers to evaluate needs or promote services.
- Prepare and deliver service agreements to customers.
- Coordinate response to customer calls including fiber and internet service outages.
- Schedule appointments for service installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Maintain customer records, process new service applications, and update customer information (NORTHSTAR, SpryPoint).
- Respond to customer concerns about service issues by providing information and scheduling needed service calls.
- Coordinate with property developers to develop fiber to new construction.
- Assist with inventory and asset management using INFOR software.
- Coordinate Broadband preventative maintenance with engineering staff.
- Identify vendors, obtain quotes and requisition non-inventory items.
- Enter and update Broadband data in the GIS system.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist Customer Service during high workload periods.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communications skills; both oral and written.
- Thorough working knowledge of navigating computer software systems and generating electronic reports, retrieving data, and performing file maintenance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information and responses to community members, contractors, and various levels of organizational staff.
- Associates Degree
- Experience with asset management software and/or GIS software
- Utility or Telecommunications customer service, sales or administrative experience.
- Effective workplace skills as demonstrated through WorkKeys assessments (Workplace Documents – 5, Applied Math – 5, Graphic Literacy – 5).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Normal office environment with minimum discomfort due to noise, dirt and dust.
- Mental ability to frequently handle pressures related to working on projects requiring attention to detail, and the simultaneous management of multiple projects.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties assigned to or required of this position.