Holland Board of Public Works offers student internship and co-op opportunities every year. The program is based on each individual's educational background and personal experience to ensure each student will be challenged accordingly in assisting the various departments and services.
Why co-op or intern with HBPW?
- Provides a solid foundation and hands-on experience
- Progressive, high-tech environment
- Establishes strong work ethics
- Commitment to community service
Network Intern (Part-time)
This position will work with network engineering staff to complete field visits, network drawings, work with network monitoring systems and equipment installation.
- Assist in the implementation, installation, configuration and technical support of network systems that use Ethernet and other technologies.
- Develop network documentation using GIS software, spreadsheets, drawings and other means.
- Install and support VOIP and related telephone equipment.
- Support WAN, LAN and WLAN (Wifi) Networks including routing and switching.
- Maintain UPS systems and generators pertinent to LAN/WAN operations, phone and the radio systems.
- Assist in preparing customer quotes for broadband service.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Interest in pursuing a career in an networking or Internet-related industry.
- Entry-level knowledge of network engineering, concepts and terminologies.
Apply for any of these positions online.